Monday, May 20, 2013

Wireless pill bottle will remind you to take medication, get a refill

The technology in the medical industry is moving fast, as indicated by one of the latest innovations for remembering to take prescription medications.

The wireless pill bottle, developed by AdhereTech, a New York technology firm, will wirelessly transmit data to the patient as a reminder to take medications via a phone call or text message. The hi-tech bottle will also measure the exact number of pills or liquid left in the bottle.

By using built-in sensors and technology similar to a cell phone, the goals of the wireless pill bottle is to use a cellular network for secure data transfer to help patients adhere a schedule for taking their medication on time.

The wireless pill bottle technology recently won the grand prize at the Healthcare Innovation World Cup, funded by Boehringer Ingelheim, a group of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies, and organized by HITLAB, a cross-disciplinary public health teaching and research organization.

The developers are in the funding stage and have plans for a trial at Walter Reed Army Medical Center this summer to test its technology with type 2 diabetes patients. Adhere hopes to have the wireless pill bottles in use at pharmacies for certain drugs and conditions in the near future.

Visit us on Facebook | Follow on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out

    for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    study pills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visit often for the latest technology news.

      Delete
  2. Simply want to say youur article is as astounding.
    The clearness for your put up is just excellent andd i could suppose you're aan exprrt iin this subject.
    Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to stay
    uldated with forthcoming post.Thanks one
    million and ppease carry oon the enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be thrilled to have you subscribe to my blog's RSS feed. Thanks for visiting LifeFlickTech's page and visit often for the latest technology news.

      Delete
  3. Hello too all, the contents present at this webb site are really remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the god work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do youu mind if I quote a couple of your
    posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your
    weblog? My blog iis iin the vedy same niche as yours and myy visitors would really
    benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be open to you linking to my content, as long as you always include a link to my blog and credit for my articles. Please send me a link to your blog as well, and I will consider returning the favor by add you to my favorite blog's list.

      Delete
  5. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your
    magnificent post. Also, I've shared your
    website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete